WE BUILD SOLUTIONS FOR:
ALL TYPES OF SOCIAL AND AFFORDABLE HOUSING PROJECTS
- Affordable High and Low Rise Apartments
- Medium Density Terraced Houses and Town Houses
- Volumetric (Rooftop) Building Extensions
- Homeless, Transitional and Emergency Housing
- Aged Care and Retirement Living
- Accessible (SDA) Housing Solutions
- Boarding Houses, Co-Housing and Flexible Living
- Indigenous Housing (including regional and remote)
Housing affordability in Australia’s main cities is generally accepted as being at crisis point. Leading causes for this include population growth, high construction costs, rampant land values and restrictive land use regulation based on urban-containment policies.
HOW Social Construct brings precision modular construction to the market with a range of medium and high density housing solutions which are built to high quality specifications, quickly and at an affordable price.
We’re committed to working with government agencies, community housing providers, property developers, charities and NGO’s to bring the benefits of modular construction to the fore and to help address the challenges around housing affordability.
For an information pack on our HOW Nano Terrace products CLICK HERE
Australia has a proud history of providing housing to those in our communities who suffer from health or economic disadvantage. Unfortunately demand for housing support in Australia far exceeds supply. In NSW alone there are 60,000 households on the waiting list with average wait time is between seven and tens years in metropolitan Sydney.
The NSW Government is seeking to transform the social housing through a new an initiative known as Future Directions for Social Housing in NSW which aims to address the challenges around supply.
Through citizen centric design and precision modular construction methods, HOW Social Construct is seeking to collaborate with federal and state government agencies, community housing providers (CHPs) and NGOs to design and build the next generation of social housing.
HELPING EVERYONE HAVE A GOOD HOME
We aspire to build efficient, high quality homes in environments which support the delivery of social services promote social connection and community. Together we believe we can achieve meaningful and measurable impact and improve outcomes for social housing tenants.
HOMELESS, TRANSITIONAL AND EMERGENCY HOUSING
Every night over 100,000 Australians suffer from some form of homelessness, however the faces of rough sleepers you imagine represent only 6% of the total number.
HOW Social Construct’s mission is to work in partnership with both metropolitan and regional charities, NGO’s, religious organisations and government agencies to assist with building safe and secure housing for those in vulnerable housing situations.
Through the use of precision modular construction, HOW Social Construct can design and construct cost effective, modern and secure accommodation solutions to meet a range of social housing challenges throughout Australia.
Introducing the How Nano Pod
The HOW NanoPod was designed to be a safe, warm and secure temporary housing solution which could be installed individually or in small community configurations.
CLICK HERE FOR A FULL SPECIFICATION
Made from solid corten steel, the HOW NanoPod has a 25+ year life span and is intended to be stackable and relocatable
Cost Benefits of Modular Construction
Precision Modular Construction introduces a range of benefits including the creation of significant cost economies across projects, in particular capital build and financing costs.
BUILD COST DRIVERS
These allow reductions in the overall capital costs by 10%-30%.
These drivers include…
- Economies of scale through bulk materials selection and procurement at source
- Reduced construction wastage
- Efficient, skilled and centralised workforce reduces overhead
- Modules are complete prior to shipping and install which reduces variations and overall development risk
Modular building is 30% – 50% faster than traditional building methods significantly improving project NPV by reducing time to market, financing and holding costs and developer’s overheads.
Quality Benefits of Modular Construction
- Rigorous quality assurance and testing during all stages of manufacture with modules complete at install means almost no defects or variations.
- Scaled manufacturing undertaken in safe, environment controlled facilities
- All products are built to surpass all current Australian Building Standards and are subjected to independent and rigorous structural, thermal, acoustic and chemical testing
- All products are built to meet or surpass current Environmentally Sustainable Development (ESD) requirements
- Manufactured to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 compliance standards
STRONG AND DURABLE
Our modular products are designed, built and tested for durability and to withstand the toughest environments. All products carry a 25 year structural warranty.
EFFICIENT AND SUSTAINABLE
Energy efficiency (7 Star+) and acoustic insulation ratings exceed BCA standards creating quieter, heathier more sustainable homes.
LET US SHOW YOU WE BUILD PARTNERSHIPS